Friday, January 8, 2010

Does anyone know of a good lotion or cream for dry skin?

I am looking for a recommendation for a lotion or cream for extremely dry cracked hands. In the winter my knuckles get to the point of cracking and bleeding. It even hurts just to wash them. I've tried most all the OTC drug store stuff and nothing really works. Any ideas?Does anyone know of a good lotion or cream for dry skin?
Have you tried Rescue Balm at Bee-Luscious! It is the best for VERY dry skin! It not only moisturizes but it also heals. My husband works outdoors and this is the only thing we have found to give him relief! This has been a lifesaver for us. You can buy it directly form their web-site!Does anyone know of a good lotion or cream for dry skin?
Have you tried body butter, or shea butter, or cocoa butter?
I know it might sound weird but I use baby lotion. I have the same issue in the winter time and i use that and it seems to calm it down A LOT! I hope that helps ya!
Body Butter from www.thebodyshop.com





their moisturizers don't have mineral oil, petroleum, or petrolatum in them, which are bad for the skin. so they work really well.
I've had the same problem! I tried lots of different lotions but the one I've tried that I personally feel has worked the best and I am still using is a hand creme from neutrogena. It gets rid of dry hands right away and makes the cracking go away too. I know some lotions stop working after washing hands but I was surprised when I could still feel it working. So I would definetely recommend it. It just says hand creme and ';norwegian formula'; because I guess it makes it sound more convincing, LOL. But yeah, it works really good.
Have you tried Aquaphor (a healing ointment)? I used to have really dry/chapped lips because of a medication I was using and this was the only thing that helped. Yes, it works on lips too even though that's not what it's actually ';made'; for. My dermatologist recommended it. Good luck!
Yep! Get the Rescue Balm! It's the best.
My mom swears by Crisco but i can't stand the thought of smelling like baked cookies...i use baby oil...messy...but it seems to keep me moisturized for longer periods of time than lotion.
Try Cetaphil lotion or Johnson's baby oil gel. You need something oil based that will protect skin.





For nighttime, coat hands with a good layer of vaseline and cover with clean cotton socks and sleep in. Do once or twice a week or when needed to really soften hands. Works great on feet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment