Sunday, April 25, 2010

I swim in a swimming pool every day i need a good skin care cream?

i do not get pimples at all just dry dry skin. i just was at a swim meet and got red blemishes.... like dots on my face i have tried every thing what would help me get nice skinI swim in a swimming pool every day i need a good skin care cream?
hi, i'm a swimmer too :) i really like Aveeno to keep my skin all soft, i use the daily moisturizing lotion...it's made with oats, and is amazing at fighting the affects of the chlorine!I swim in a swimming pool every day i need a good skin care cream?
a great lotion is actually johnsons%26amp;jonhnsons.
Jergens is really good
I get my skin creams from Mary Kay it is the best.
You need a moisturizer.





The chlorine in the pool water is drying your skin, which--conversely--traps oil and causes blemishes.





Neutrogena soaps and moisturizers are really good and will do the same job as expensive stuff such as Clinique or Aveeno (which are really good, but expensive).





You can get Neutrogena in a Walgreens drug store...ask the cosmetics person to help you, and they will usually know what to suggest.





DO NOT use something like Vaseline Lotions...these have petroleum in them, and they clog the pores, making the problem worse.





HOWEVER, you MIGHT find that if you use Vaseline just before going into the pool, and then remove it after getting out, this may protect your skin from the chlorine.
Eucerin, olay
LUBERDERM INTENSIVE CARE AND GOOD FOOT LOTION LIKE FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES FOR ELBOWS AND....REALY BAD SPOTS..SERIOUSLY
Hi. My 2 sons ages 12 and 9 swim alot. What I do, is rub baby oil all over them before swimming. After swimming is finished, they shower off, and I rub thick vaseline all over, let it soak in and then use a normal lotion like eucerin.








It works wonders for them, they never get dry skin this way. I used to swim too, I did the same.





Hope this helps, email me for any questions, xoxo
rosacea





Your dry skin is very typical of spending so much time in the water. I cut back my swimming to only 3 or 4 days a week during the winter months. Since you are on a team that is not possible ... I do have some hints.





But FIRST the red blemishes really raised a red flag in my mind. I think you need to see a doctor/dermatologist. My sister in law has a condition called rosacea: which causes redness and blemishes on the face.





Hints on skin care when swimming:





Go easy on soap/shampoo. You have been in the water for a long time you are not dirty. I take a quart bottle of water to the shower room ... The water contains a table spoon of vinegar. I use this on my hair and body to neutralize the chlorine.





Use a mild shampoo every other day. Keep the shampoo off your skin.





I use Bag Balm on feet right after showering and the pool,and wear on a pair of socks for an hour or so.





I also found a body lotion that is clear 100%aloe vera. No perfume and when it dries I do not feel sticky or greasey.





Another hint:.... you are probably in an indoor pool. So you might not think of this one. Before swimming put on a water proof sunscreen or sunblock this will protect your skin.





One of the answers suggested a thin film of vaseline on the face while swimming; my brother does this with no ill effects ... Still if that red rash persists see a doctor before doing this.





Happy swimming!
You should try Artistry's soothing skin; it moisturises and helps calm skin that is stressed out which i'm sure yours is from being in chlorine all the time. You can get it at http://adrennan.qhealthbeauty.com/produc鈥?/a> It worked wonders for me and I know it would for you too. They guarentee it to work or you can get your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment